This impressive looking triple layer iced coffee is incredibly easy to make! You can be sipping on this coffee beauty in less than 5 minutes!
You’re in the mood for iced coffee.
But you don’t feel like going out to get it.
Or you don’t feel like spending the money.
What if you could make it at home in less than 5 minutes and have it cost a small fraction of what you’d pay at a coffee shop?
And what if you could make it look all fancy-coffee-shop-like??
All you need is water and your favorite instant coffee granules. Add them to a jar with a good seal (I use a canning jar), along with any sweetener, if desired.
Seal the jar and shake. Shake shake shake shake shake!
Shake for several seconds to dissolve the coffee granules and to make it really foamy.
The Triple Layer Magic
In a tall glass, add some ice cubes and milk.
Give the coffee one more quick shake and then gently pour it into the glass.
And voila…you’ve an impressive looking triple layer iced coffee!
It’s the simplest of drinks, using the simplest of ingredients and a jar, and it looks like a coffee expert made it! A drink like this would easily cost a few dollars, just because of the look!
But you can make it yourself at home in no time and at very little cost!
As a bit of a back story, my husband is the one who came up with this invention. He, the one who does not cook, who is not the foodie in the house, who does not get as excited about food as yours truly.
But when he created this iced coffee with 3 layers and was so excited to show me, I could not help but be very impressed…not only with how it looked, but also with how simple it was to make! AND it was so easy that he would offer to make me a glass, too! Anything that encourages your husband to whip up something for you in the kitchen is a winner! I deemed this iced coffee totally blog-worthy and knew it was a recipe that had to be shared!
He uses a 16 oz. glass, but depending on the size of your glass, you may have to adjust the amounts of ice, milk, and coffee. Play with the proportions of the ingredients according to your personal taste, and if you add sweetener, remember to add it to the water and coffee before the shake shake shake!
So get a jar and some water, some coffee, milk, and ice. And shake yourself one fabulous looking iced coffee today!
Crazy Easy Triple Layer Iced Coffee
- 1 tbs instant coffee granules
- 6 oz. cold or room temperature water
- 1/3 cup milk
- Ice cubes
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- In a canning jar (or any similar jar with a good seal), add the 6 oz. of water and instant coffee granules. If using a sweetener, add it as well.
- Seal the jar securely and shake vigorously for several seconds to dissolve the coffee and to generate a thick foam.
- Add ice cubes to fill about 1/4-1/3 of the glass. Pour in the milk.
- Give the jar one more quick shake before slowly pouring the coffee into the glass.
- A mason or canning type jar is a perfect jar to use since the seals on the lid are quite good. I re-used a pasta jar which also happened to be a canning jar!
- Depending on the size of your drinking glass, you may need to play with the proportions of ice, milk, and coffee.
- Don't completely fill the glass with ice as it will make the glass too full and you won't get the desired 3-layer effect.
- If using a sweetener, a simple syrup or liquid sweetener would work best. Otherwise, if using a dry sweetener, the finer the granules, the better.
- Adjust the amount of coffee solution and milk and sweetener to your tastes.
- If you don't drink dairy, try it with soy, nut, coconut, or other non-dairy milks!
- For a slightly richer coffee, use evaporated milk instead of regular milk.
- Top it with whipped cream or cocoa for an extra special touch!
You might also like: