Cold-brewed coffee ice cubes are a perfect way to enjoy your iced coffee beverage without the coffee getting diluted by regular ice cubes! All you need is coffee and water to make your cold-brew, and an ice cube tray! Besides making for a really cool looking drink, the coffee ice cubes will melt slowly, letting the coffee flavor linger to the end!
What You Need
- Coarse ground coffee
- Ice cube tray
It can't get any simpler than that! Probably the hardest part about this recipe is the waiting for the coffee to brew and for the coffee ice cubes to completely freeze!
How To Make the Cold-Brew Coffee
In a French press carafe or bottle, add the coffee grounds and filtered water. Stir and let it sit at room temperature on the counter for 12 hours, or up to 18 hours in the fridge. (For more detail instructions, complete with photos, check out the Cold-Brewed Coffee recipe on the blog.)
Pour the cold-brew coffee through a filter or a few layers of cheesecloth into a large measuring cup or bottle to catch any coffee grounds. Then fill your ice cube tray with the coffee, pop it in the freezer and wait for it to set completely (overnight is safest).
How To Serve the Coffee Ice Cubes
After the ice cubes are fully frozen, they're ready for serving! Do not be concerned if the coffee ice cubes are darker on the bottom...that is just from the coffee settling in the tray. The cubes are still coffee flavored and the color variation in the cubes make them look more interesting!
Add coffee cubes to a glass and fill it with milk or any non-dairy/nut milk of your choice. Obviously, whatever substitute you use will affect the flavor, but it will still be delicious! If you want to sweeten your iced coffee, use a simple syrup or other flavored syrup so that it blends well into the drink.
For a stronger coffee flavor, add some coffee to the bottom of your glass before adding the milk.
Another great idea is to put the coffee cubes in a blender with some milk and sweetener and make your own frozen blended coffee!
More Recipes You Might Like
You're going to love making your own iced coffee drinks at home with these coffee ice cubes! It's easy, cheap, makes for an awesome looking glass of iced coffee, and you'll enjoy that coffee flavor down to the last drop! This is definitely a recipe you need to try!
Cold-Brewed Coffee Ice Cubes
- ½ cup coarse-ground coffee
- 4 cups filtered room temperature water
- milk (or use soy or almond milk for dairy-free options)
- In a French Press carafe or large enough bottle, combine coffee and water. Stir.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature or in the fridge for 12-18 hours.
- Pour the coffee into another bottle or measuring cup through a coffee filter or cheesecloth to catch any coffee grounds.
- Fill an ice cube tray with the cold brew coffee and freeze until cubes are set. Repeat with remaining coffee, storing the frozen cubes in a zip top bag until ready to use.
- Fill a glass with coffee ice cubes and add milk. Enjoy!
- To substitute the milk, use any non-dairy or nut milk of your liking.
- For something a little different, use carbonated water or soda instead of milk with the coffee ice cubes.
- Put the coffee ice cubes in a blender with milk and sweetener and make your own frozen blended coffee!
** This recipe was originally published on July 2nd, 2017 and republished May 8th, 2023 with new photos, writing, and an updated recipe card.