Sweet and tangy, this orange honey mustard dressing is delicious on salads, as a dip for chicken nuggets, or drizzled over cooked chicken or fish. 5 ingredients and 5 minutes is all you need to whip up this versatile dressing!
Quick. Simple. Tasty.
That's what a salad dressing should be.
And we've all heard of honey mustard dressing.
But I've added a special touch to this one...freshly squeezed orange juice!
5 Ingredients and 5 Minutes
Pay attention now.
All you need for this dressing is fresh squeezed orange juice, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and apple cider vinegar. That is it. You could add some fresh ground black pepper to the dressing, if desired, but it's not necessary.
The dijon mustard and the honey are a given for this dressing, considering the name. The mayonnaise adds a bit of body and creaminess. The apple cider vinegar adds that bit of tang that you want in a dressing. And the orange juice adds a citrus-y brightness that blends well with the other flavors.
And all you need is 5 minutes to put it all together. Either put all the ingredients in a bowl or measuring cup and whisk it, or dump it all in a jar, seal it up and shake it like crazy.
Use it for more than just salad
Obviously, this dressing goes great on salads. However, think out of the box and use it to drizzle over cooked chicken or fish, or mix a bit with some mayo before spreading it on bread for sandwiches. And while it's not a thick dressing, it works as a decent dip for chicken nuggets.
You can add this to your list of other dressing recipes for livening up your salads, like Sweet and Tangy Balsamic Vinaigrette or Creamy Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing, or Orange Poppyseed Dressing! You definitely won't have any boring salads when you've got dressings like these.
And that's it! Simple ingredients, super easy, and delicious.
Orange Honey Mustard Dressing
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly with a whisk or pour into a jar and shake until well blended.
- Store in jar in refrigerator and stir well before use.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a measuring cup or bowl using a whisk, or add all the ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator, stirring before drizzling over salad.
- It's a bit thin, but it would also make a good dip for veggies or chicken nuggets.
- Drizzle it over cooked chicken or fish.
- Mix a spoonful with mayo and spread it on bread for sandwiches.