These fresh fruit sparklers are a great way to deal with the summer heat, and they take only 2 ingredients to make! Quick, simple, refreshing, and delicious!
When it’s hot outside, all you want is something satisfyingly cold to hit the spot.
Iced water can certainly do the job….but what if you could have something a bit more exciting than water?
How about a drink with more flavor, a bit of sweetness, and a bit of fizz??
These fruit sparklers, as I’m calling them, are just that! And at their bare minimum, all they need are 2 ingredients!
So not only are they cold and refreshing, they’re EASY!
The most important part of these drinks is the fruit! To get the best flavor, use the ripest fruit you can find because the sweeter they are, the less likely you will need to use a sweetener. It is a great way to take advantage of the summer fruits in season.
Cut the fruit up into chunks and toss them in the blender to turn them into a puree.
Pour the fruit puree into your favorite glass, filling it about halfway. Obviously, the amount you actually put in the glass is up to you, but half is a good place to start!
Then add a few ice cubes to keep things nice and chilly.
Now comes the SPARKLE! Adding a bit of fizz helps makes these drinks so much more exciting than plain ol’ water!
Sparkling mineral water is simple and adds a lovely fizz. If you like it a bit sweeter, add your sweetener of choice, or try ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. For a more adult taste, turn this into a quick cocktail by using champagne! Whatever you use, make sure it’s COLD!
Grab a straw, give everything a bit of a stir, and it’s ready for drinking! That’s it!
Besides strawberries, I’ve also made this successfully with ripe mangoes…so good! Other fruit possibilities could be pineapple, papaya, kiwi, watermelon…or a blend of more than one!
I’ve also made a version where I fill 1/3 of the glass with fruit puree, added some coconut water, the ice cubes, then the sparkling mineral water. The coconut water adds some more nutrients to the drink and an extra tropical touch!
If you’re looking for other beverages to help stay cool in the heat, check out my Cold Brewed Tea or Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cube Latte! They’re great options if you’re also looking for a bit of a wake-me-up while you’re staying cool!
Cold, refreshing, delicious, and only 2 ingredients! These fresh fruit sparklers are a must-have in the summer. Garnish it with a piece of fresh fruit and a little umbrella to make it look extra amazing!
Fresh Fruit Sparklers
- Ripe fruit like strawberries, mangoes, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, etc.
- Sparkling mineral water, soda, or champagne
- Cut fruit into chunks and puree in a blender.
- Fill drinking glass halfway with pureed fruit.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- Slowly fill the glass with your choice of sparkling beverage.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
- You can keep topping up your drink with more of what ever sparkling beverage you're using.
- Play with the ratio of fruit puree to sparkling beverage to your liking.
- Use the sweetener of your choice, if desired. I would blend the sweetener in with the fruit so it becomes well incorporated.
- Blueberries do not puree well as they turn into a jelly due to their naturally high levels of pectin. If you want to use blueberries, I would use them with other fruit and in a smaller percentage.
You might also like: