I really like quiche, but I like it even more when I don’t have to make a crust. It’s just one less thing to worry about while I focus on the filling. And we all know the filling is the important stuff…and the cheesy topping, of course. This Crustless Roasted Vegetable Quiche covers all the bases; no crust, all filling and a beautiful brown cheesy topping.
This roasted vegetable quiche is fairly simple to put together. Firstly, as the name implies, it involves roasting a bunch of vegetables ahead of time. Either roast them fresh for this dish, or use extra leftovers from a previous night’s meal. From there, it’s the basic quiche ingredients: eggs, milk, grated cheese, and seasonings. This dish is a great option if you want a meatless meal one night, while still getting protein and good ol’ vegetables.
I roast vegetables a lot, so incorporating them into this quiche seems like a no-brainer for me. To roast them, I simply toss a bunch of vegetables with light olive oil, spread them out on a sheet pan, season with salt and pepper, and roast at 400 deg F (190 C) for 30-40 minutes (stirring and flipping the vegetables halfway through). Use whatever vegetables you like or whatever is in season. I often use broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, onions, etc. But this roasted vegetable quiche would be just as good with the likes of asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, or bell peppers.
I use cheddar and Parmesan in this recipe, but I have also made a version that used Swiss cheese, which gave a slightly nutty flavor. It would be worth trying out with different cheese combinations to see which one you like best. I can see feta adding a nice salty flavor to the quiche.
Try this recipe out with your favorite roasted vegetables and cheese combinations and let me know how it goes! Leave a comment below!
Crustless Roasted Vegetable Quiche
- 4-5 cups roasted vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, etc., roasted in olive oil, salt and pepper
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 375 deg F (190 C).
- Placed roasted vegetables in a greased 9" pie dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over vegetables.
- Using back of spatula, press cheese and and vegetables down.
- Mix eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour milk egg mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until knife inserted in middle comes out clean and top is lightly browned.
- Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you make this dish, share your photo on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @dayinthekitchen!
You might also like: