This roasted vegetable quiche is loaded with your favorite roasted veggies, eggs, and cheese and makes for one deliciously satisfying meal. And being crustless means it’s gluten-free!
Are you a filling or a crust person?
When you eat quiche, do you savor the crusty shell that contains and holds all the egg mixture together?
Or are you all about the tasty ingredients inside the crust?
I like quiche as much as anybody…but I have to admit that I enjoy the filling more than the crust.
So why not have a quiche where you just get all filling and no crust?
No only is a crustless quiche much simpler to make, but being crustless instantly makes it gluten-free!
First you need the filling, which in this case, is made up partly of roasted vegetables. I simple take a bunch of vegetables, toss them with some oil, salt and pepper, and roast them for about 30-40 minutes at 400 deg F (200C), stirring them halfway. This can be done in advance and the veggies can be stored in the fridge until ready to use.
Once you’ve got the roasted veggies, then you just need your egg mixture which includes milk and seasonings. And cheese…gotta have your cheese.
Putting together the quiche is simple. Spread the roasted vegetables in a lightly greased baking dish. Top with cheese and pat it down. Pour in the egg mixture and top with more cheese because…well….it’s cheese!
The Golden Bubbly
Bake until brown and bubbly and let it cool down a bit so you don’t burn your tongue.
And dinner is served!
Obviously, use your favorite vegetables for this quiche. I have used broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes, and asparagus. I would also use roasted onions because they are so delicious and flavorful…but my children beg to differ. So for the sake of not having them pick through their piece of quiche like archaeologist searching for the smallest piece of onion, I omit them. You could mix wilted spinach in with your roasted vegetables, too.
As for cheese, I like using a blend of cheddar and Parmesan, but Swiss cheese would add a great flavor to the quiche.
If you’re looking for quiche recipes that do include a crust, be sure to check out my Sweet Potato Broccoli Bacon Quiche or my Spinach Sausage Quinoa Crust Quiche. Both the crusts used in these recipes are gluten-free!
Delicious, hearty, filling…and gluten-free. AMAZING. This roasted vegetable quiche definitely needs to be included in your weekly meal rotation!
Crustless Roasted Vegetable Quiche
- Preheat oven 375 deg F (190 C).
- Placed roasted vegetables in a greased 9" pie dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over vegetables.
- Using back of spatula, press cheese and and vegetables down.
- Mix eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour milk egg mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until knife inserted in middle comes out clean and top is lightly browned.
- Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you do not have a gluten-allergy or sensitivity, topping the quiche with panko crumbs on top of the grated cheese will add a nice crispy crust.
- Adjust the amount of eggs and milk if you prefer the quiche more or less eggy.
- I have not tried using non-dairy milks with the quiche, but I would guess that nut or coconut milk would work best.
- Add diced chili peppers to the mixture for a spicier quiche!
You might also like:
This post was originally published on July 4th, 2017, but was republished in July 2019 with new photos, instructional photos, and writing.