Cauliflower Crust Pizza
A flourless pizza crust that is hearty, tasty, and healthy. Say goodbye to dry cardboard pizza crust!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2.5 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup your favorite pizza sauce
- Your favorite pizza toppings
Preheat oven 425 deg F (220 deg C).
Cut cauliflower into large chunks and grate using a fine grater. For any pieces that are too small to grate, but are too big for the crust, give them a quick chop at the end. (If you've got a food processor, cut the cauliflower into smaller chunks and toss it in the bowl and process until fine.)
Put all the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4-6 minutes until soft and tender.
Pour cauliflower into a tea towel cloth and let cool until you can handle it. Wrap the towel around the cauliflower and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. This is an important step as the drier it is, the better it will hold together as a crust once mixed with the other ingredients.
In mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Mix well to combine.
Pour mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet and pat down into a crust about 1/4" thick.
Bake for 15 minutes until edges are browned.
Top with your favorite toppings, then cover with remaining cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes. To make the cheese a bit more brown and bubbly, turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes. Just be sure not to walk away!
- Top this pizza with any of your favorite toppings! Go with the usuals: pepperoni, sausage, spinach, feta, ham, pineapple, artichoke hearts, olives, fresh basil, prosciutto, peppers...the sky is the limit!
- Like spice in your pizza? Use a spicy pizza sauce or top with dried chili flakes!