Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte
Mint + chocolate = winning! This chocolate peppermint tea is rich, comforting, and delicious, and is going to become one of your favorite hot beverages!
Prep Time 0 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Steep 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 1 cup
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk, or almond milk or nut milk for dairy free
- 3 peppermint tea bags strings and tags cut off
- 0.4 oz. 70% dark chocolate (10g)
Chop chocolate into fine pieces. Set aside.
Heat milk in a pot over low heat until small bubbles begin to form. Stir frequently, or use a whisk to create a froth
Remove pot from heat and add tea bags. Let steep for 5-10 minutes depending on taste preference.
Remove tea bags and place pot of milk back on stove over low heat, whisking with a whisk to build up the foam again, if desired.
Add chopped chocolate to the hot milk.
Stir with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat.
Pour into your favorite mug and sprinkle some cocoa onto the tea, if desired.
- For a non-dairy milk option, use a nut milk like almond milk or coconut milk.
- I found 70% dark chocolate complemented the peppermint tea the best. However, feel free to use whatever grade of chocolate you prefer.
- Adjust the amount of chocolate to more or less depending on your taste.
- Adjust the number of peppermint tea bags depending on the strength of peppermint flavor and your personal taste.
- For a more indulgent tea, top with whipped cream!