Super Moist Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This super moist banana bread is soft and full of banana flavor. Mildly sweet and with no need for any butter or oil or xanthan gum, this beautiful banana bread is perfect for snacking alongside a hot cuppa coffee or tea.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Resting time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 12 slices
Dry Ingredients (volume measurements in the Recipe Notes below):
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (light Greek yogurt would probably work as well)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large very very ripe bananas (about 350-360g in weight minus the peels)
Preheat oven 350 deg F (180 C).
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Mash ripe bananas or process in a food processor. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, and vanila extract and beat well with a whisk.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well with a whisk.
Mix the mashed bananas into the batter.
Pour the batter into a parchment- lined loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool completely before slicing.
- Volume Measurements:
- 1 1/4 cup + 1 tsp brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbs + 1 tsp tapioca starch
- Please note that gluten-free recipes work best with weight measurements because they are more precise than volume measurements. Gluten-free baking requires more precision and can be less forgiving than baking with regular all-purpose wheat flour.
- These volume measurements were made from spooning each of the flours into the measuring cups/spoons (so they are not packed) and leveling them off.
- The volume measurements are approximate. Make slight adjustments to the recipe as needed, adding a bit more Greek yogurt or a bit more tapioca starch or brown rice flour to achieve the correct dough consistency.
- Really ripe or over-ripe bananas are important for this recipe. If your bananas are only perfect for eating fresh, your banana bread will not be as strong or as sweet.
- The texture of this bread is not as crumbly as other breads. It is very moist, but also a little squidgy.
- Keep it in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week. It tastes great cold! You can also heat a slice for 10 seconds in the microwave to warm up.
- Top with chocolate chips for an extra bit of sweetness!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 136kcal