Shrimp Avocado Tzatziki Pockets
Simple pita pockets or lettuce leaves, stuffed with a creamy, tangy, shrimp and avocado filling makes for a great meal!
- 4 pita half pockets or large lettuce leaves
- 12 medium to large cooked shrimp chilled
- 1 ripe avocado cut into small chunks
Creamy Cucumber Tzatziki
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber, either thinly sliced or finely chopped
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced or grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp fresh or dried dill
- 1/4 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- sliced almonds (optional)
Cut cooked shrimp into small pieces and mix with avocado chunks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Combine all tzatziki dip ingredients and mix well. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Add shrimp and avocado to tzatziki dip and mix gently.
Divide shrimp avocado mixture among pita pockets or lettuce leaves. Top with sliced almonds or chopped nuts, if desired.