No-Cook 5 Minute Korean Chili Sauce (Gochujang)
5 ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to make this sweet, spicy, and salty Korean chili sauce! It's the perfect condiment that gives a tasty kick to a variety of dishes, Asian or not!
Servings 1 cup
- 3 tbs miso paste
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs chili pepper flakes powder
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tbs water
- When buying chili pepper, make sure you are purchasing the fine powder form and not the chili flakes.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust the amount of the ingredients according to taste.
- If doubling or tripling the recipe, blend all the ingredients in a blender!
- Drizzle on bibimbap, japchae, eggs, fried rice...on anything you might you use with ketchup!!
- Mix with mayo to make gochujang mayo and use it as a dip or spread it in sandwiches!