Spring Balsamic Avocado Feta Salad
A fabulously tasty blend of salad ingredients tossed together with a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette. No boring salad here!
Servings 1 serving
Salad (all measurements are rough estimates and are flexible depending on what you prefer):
- 1 1/2 cups Tender leaf lettuce, like red or green leaf or baby romaine torn or chopped
- 1/2 Ripe avocado cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbs Dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 tbs Toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbs Feta cheese crumbled
- Chopped apples or mango or other fruit (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well with a whisk. Adjust ingredients amounts to taste.
Combine all salad ingredients on a plate or in a bowl.
If serving salad from a bowl, toss ingredient with balsamic vinaigrette, using 1 tbs of dressing to start. Add more to taste, if necessary.
If serving salad on a plate, drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the salad, starting with 1 tbs and adjusting to taste.
Store any leftover dressing in the fridge.
- As I mentioned above, there are no precise measurements for the salad ingredients. That's what makes it so easy! Use the measurements given as a rough idea, but all you need to do is just eyeball the amounts depending on how many people you're serving. It's all good!
- The recipe included here for the balsamic vinaigrette makes more than you need for 1 serving. Store any leftover dressing in a jar in the fridge for 1 week.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over each serving of salad, or toss the entire salad with some dressing before plating.
- Add in other chopped nuts or mix in some fresh fruit.
- Also tastes great with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, or salmon!