Garlic Shrimp & Spinach One-Pan Pasta
Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? This one-pan pasta is healthy and flavorful and cooked up and served all from one pan. It's sure to become a favorite in your weeknight round-up.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. (225g) raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used tails off)
- 3/4 lb. (340g) dry penne pasta (I used gluten-free; use whatever shape pasta you like)
- 1 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
Heat light olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring often.
Add shrimp and saute with the garlic until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove garlic and shrimp from pan with slotted spoon.
Add penne, chicken broth, white wine, water, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and cook the pasta, stirring occasionally.
When the liquid has reduced by about half, add the shrimp and garlic back to the pan and stir to combine with the pasta.
Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the liquid has thickened slightly.
Add the spinach leaves and stir into the pasta.
Remove from the heat and serve straight from the pan!
Garnish with grated Parmesan, fresh chopped parsley, and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Use whatever shaped pasta you prefer. I find this recipe works best with small pasta like penne or elbow macaroni, but it can definitely be done with spaghetti or linguine.
- Add other fresh ingredients to the pan such as tomatoes or basil leaves.
- You can also make this with chicken. Just make sure to saute the chicken a minute or two longer at the start to make sure it is completely cooked.