Flourless Crepe Tortillas
These paleo tortillas are soft, pliable,and sturdy enough to be used for wraps or soft taco shells. You can even use them as wrappers for sweet fillings!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 8" tortillas
- 2 tsp melted ghee
- 2 tbs water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional for sweet fillings)
Melt ghee and add water.
Add eggs and beat into a frothy mixture.
Add tapioca or arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and sea salt. Mix well with a whisk.
Heat an 8" nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
Scoop batter into pan, swirling pan for the batter to cover the bottom evenly. I pour in approximately 2 tbs. worth of batter, about half a 1/4 cup measure.
Let cook for about 30 seconds. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
Remove to a plate to cool as you work on the next tortilla.
Use immediately, or wrap stack of tortillas in a paper towel and store in a zip top bag in the fridge for a few days. Tortillas will still be soft and pliable right out of the fridge.
- Try some different filling ideas:
- Nut butter and jam.
- Cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Nut butter, prosciutto, cheddar cheese and apple slices.
- Leftover sweet potato fries, avocado, and cucumber.
- Ham and apple slices.
- Banana and peanut butter or chocolate sauce...or both.
- Fruit and whipped cream.
- Grilled fish with guacamole and shredded cabbage.