Slurping-Good Miso Noodle Soup
Who wouldn't love a bowl of Slurping Good Miso Noodle Soup? Topped with eggs, tofu puffs, dried seaweed, pork, greens..it's a tasty bowl of comfort!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 L organic chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbs dashi broth granules
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce (tamari or liquid aminos for GF)
- Noodles (choose from ramen, udon, etc.; use rice noodles for gluten-free)
- Blanched leafy greens
- Soft- or hard-cooked eggs
- Tofu puffs
- Cha siu
- Dried seaweed
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Cooked shrimp or fish
In medium pot, combine chicken broth, water, dashi granules, and soy sauce over medium heat.
In another medium pot, bring water to a boil over high heat and cook noodles until just done. Drain.
Add miso paste to pot with chicken broth, stirring occasionally to dissolve completely. Do not allow soup base to boil.
Divide noodles among bowls. Top with hard- or soft- cooked eggs, blanched vegetables, cooked pork, etc.
Ladle hot soup over noodles.
Top with nori strips, if desired.
- Choose your favorite type of noodles for this soup, whether it be ramen, egg noodles, soba noodles, etc.
- For a gluten-free noodle option, use rice noodles.
- If you want to cook chicken to go with this noodle soup, you can add the raw chicken to the soup base while it is heating and simmer until cooked through.
- If you are using tofu puffs, add them to the soup to heat through and soak up the flavor of the soup before ladling over the noodles.