Asian Pork and Shrimp Meatballs
Whether eaten as a main dish or served as an appetizer, these tasty meatballs are easy to make and sure to be a hit!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Chilling 1 hour
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 20 meatballs
- 1 lb. ground pork (454g)
- 3/4 lb. raw shrimp, minced (340g)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
Add raw shrimp to a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped. (See note below.)
Combine shrimp, ground pork, and all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Using your hands, mash the mixture together.
Once well combined, place meatball mixture in the fridge for one hour.
Preheat oven 375 deg F (190 C).
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Form pork and shrimp mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If you do not have a food processor, chop the raw shrimp using a knife until it is like a paste.
- Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients together if you don't want to use your hands, but I find using my hands works best in getting everything well-blended.
- Add some chili flakes to the mixture if you want a spicy kick!
- Add another 1/2 - 1 tsp of black pepper if you want more of a peppery taste.
- Serve with a simple mixture of sweet soy sauce and a drop or two of chili oil or serve with your favorite BBQ or teriyaki sauce.