This is probably the wrong way to start this recipe post, but I’m actually not a huge fan of pancakes.
I find them too doughy and heavy, and if I were to eat any at all, I might manage with one…in a year…if at all.
So imagine my surprise when I started developing this grain-free pancake recipe and I found that I actually liked them!
I really really liked them!
And I’m thinking you might, too!
These almond pancakes come together quick and easy. It’s a simple as combining all the dry ingredients in one bowl, combining all the wet ingredients in another bowl, and then mixing it all together!
Then all you’ve got to do is scoop some of this magic almond pancake batter into the pan, fry, flip, done!
These almond pancakes are grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free, and the triple almond refers to almond flour, almond butter, and almond milk!
They are fluffy, light, and tender and perfect with some maple syrup or on their own.
Fancy having chocolate or blueberry pancakes? Simply add 1/3 cup of either to your batter before frying.
I started working on this recipe mainly since my boys like pancakes once in a while, but like me, they, too, found regular pancakes a bit too much. I also wanted to figure out a gluten-free version that my husband could enjoy since he’s the gluten-free one in the house.
That being said, we can all benefit from these almond pancakes being grain-free.
If you enjoy pancakes, but have been looking for a gluten-free, low-carb version, look no further!
While I do like these pancakes, that doesn’t mean I’m going to be eating them every week. But if I ever feel like it’s a pancake sort of day, these will be the ones I’ll happily be whipping up!
Fluffy Grain-Free Triple Almond Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbs tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 3 tbs light olive oil
- 3 tbs almond butter
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix with a whisk, breaking up any almond flour lumps. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and beat well with a whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk together well until well combined. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the pancake batter onto the pan.
- Cook for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes until the bottom is browned.
- Flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer pancakes to a cooling rack or plate and repeat.
- This recipe uses blanched almond flour. You could substitute with regular almond flour or almond meal, but the texture may be more gritty or coarse.
- The almond milk can be substituted with regular dairy milk or other nut milks.
- Add 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter for some flavor variation!
If you make this recipe, share your photos on Instagram or Facebook and tag @dayinthekitchen!
You might also like: