Sometimes you need a quick side dish to go with whatever entree you're cooking up.
Something tasty, yet simple.
Something interesting, but not too complicated.
Something familiar, but not boring.
These cheesy sweet potato stacks check all the boxes!
This recipe is similar to my Crispy Sweet Potato Fries recipe, but this comes together a lot quicker. I definitely like making the sweet potato fries, too, but it depends on what else I'm making and how much time I've got! Each recipe definitely has its advantages!
As you'll see in the recipe below, I use a muffin tin to roast these sweet potato disks. I tried roasting them stacked freely on a baking sheet, but they all fell over and became sweet potato heaps! A muffin tin will help keep these guy contained and still looking like the stacks you started out with!
I like serving these sweet potato stacks alongside a grilled steak or roast chicken. They also go great with chicken strips or my Shake N Bake Chicken. You can even serve them up as appetizers for a party! How will you serve them up in your home?
Cheesy Sweet Potato Stacks
- Preheat oven 400 deg F (200C).
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into thin disks.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices with oil until completely coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over sweet potato slices and toss well to coat.
- Arrange sweet potato stacks in a lined muffin tin.
- Top each stack with fresh grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Dry Parmesan refers to the shelf-stable Parmesan cheese like Kraft.
- Adjust seasonings as desired, according to taste.
- Stack sweet potatoes so that they are higher than the muffin pan. When they roast, they will shrink a bit.
If you make this recipe, share your photo on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @dayinthekitchen!
You might also like: