This roasted garlic spinach artichoke dip is going to be a crowd pleaser! Super easy to make and full of flavor, this creamy dip is perfect for dipping tortilla chips, fresh pita bread, crusty toast, or your favorite vegetables! Serve up this hot and delicious dip at your next gathering!
Everyone loves a good dip and this one is sure to be a a hit!
Creamy and loaded with spinach and artichokes and laced with mellow roasted garlic, everyone is going to be gathered around this hot and delicious dip, happily devouring it with you favorite dippables!
For this spinach artichoke dip, you will need:
- cream cheese
- roasted garlic
- baby spinach leaves
- canned artichoke hearts
- Green yogurt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- grated cheddar cheese
If you've never roasted garlic before, check out my post on How To Make Roasted Garlic. Roasting garlic is super easy and you can roast a few bulbs at once so you've got some ready for spreading on toast...or for making this delicious dip!
Prepare the spinach and artichokes
Roughly chop the spinach leaves into smaller pieces. You can leave them as whole leaves, but I find chopping them helps them distribute better in the dip.
Likewise, chop the artichoke hearts into small pieces.
How To Make the Dip
Since this recipe uses fresh spinach leaves, they need to be wilted first before combining it with all the other ingredients.
To wilt the spinach, heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the spinach and keep stirring until completely wilted.
Can I use frozen spinach?
Yes, you can use frozen spinach. Be sure to defrost the spinach and then squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible before using it. You do not need to wilt the spinach and can simply add it to the pan at the same time as the chopped artichoke hearts.
Once the spinach is completely wilted, add the chopped artichokes to the pan and squeeze out the roasted garlic from the bulb. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
Mixing in the Dip Ingredients
Add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, freshly grated Parmesan, butter, and lemon juice to the pan.
Mix everything together and heat until the cream cheese blocks have completely melted. Taste the dip and add salt and pepper as necessary to taste. Add more lemon juice if you like a bit more tang.
Transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish and top with grated cheddar cheese. Bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
How to Serve the Dip
There are the usual dipping favorites that everyone loves:
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Fresh pita bread
But it doesn't have to be all chips and breads and crackers..serve the dip with vegetables! There are many that are great for dipping, but some options are:
- Carrot sticks
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell pepper strips
This dip is best eaten when hot as that is when it is creamiest. It is still good when it has cooled down, but it will be more stiff and will be less "dippable".
What if I want the dip to be thinner?
If you'd like a thinner dip, you can add more Greek yogurt to the mixture when it is cooking. Mayonnaise is also another ingredient commonly found in similar dips and that can help thin it out.
Leftover dip can be refrigerated and then reheated in the oven or microwave.
If you want more ideas for your next gathering, you might also like:
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Cucumber Tzatziki
- Asian Pork and Shrimp Meatballs
- Chicken Skewers with Thai Curry Dipping Sauce
- Dry Rub Roast Pork Neck
So next time you are looking for food ideas for a group, whip up this spinach artichoke dip as part of the spread (pun intended)! It's sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Roasted Garlic Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (half a block)
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100 grams canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 425F/220C.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter (ghee or oil also okay) and add the chopped spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic from the bulb into the pan and add the chopped artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and mix with a spatula, mashing the roasted garlic.
- Add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, butter, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice to the pan and mix with the spinach and artichokes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and stir mixture regularly until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, if necessary, to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place the dish on a baking pan for easier transporting in and out of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese on top is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving with tortilla chips, pita chips, raw vegetables, etc.
- Read my post on How To Make Roasted Garlic.
- Artichokes can be omitted, if desired.
- Use frozen spinach if you can't find any fresh spinach. Be sure to squeeze out all the liquid from the frozen spinach before adding to the pan with the other ingredients.
- To make the dip thinner, add more Greek yogurt or some mayonnaise when cooking the dip in the pan.
- Sprinkle with dried chili flakes or add sliced fresh chili peppers to the dip to give it a bit of spice!
- Refrigerate any leftovers and reheat in the oven or microwave.