These parmesan garlic breadsticks are so deliciously soft and tasty, you would never guess they're gluten-free! Serve them with a salad, a hot bowl of soup, or with your favorite pasta dish. They are a breeze to whip up any day of the week!
- Brown rice flour
- Tapioca starch
- Sorghum flour
- Baking powder
- Xanthan gum
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Full-fat Greek yogurt
For topping the breadsticks:
- Melted butter
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
How To Make the Breadsticks
The Breadstick Dough:
In a mixing bowl, combine the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, sorghum flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, garlic powder, and sea salt. Whisk together to combine well and then add the Greek yogurt.
Mix the dry ingredients and Greek yogurt together with a spoon, fork, or rubber spatula to form a shaggy, sticky dough.
Transfer the dough to a work surface lightly dusted with tapioca starch. Dust your hands with tapioca starch and work the dough slightly to form it into more a of a cohesive dough. Shape it into a disc about ½" thick.
Cut the disc into 6 or 8 wedgesTake each wedge and roll/shape it into a log/breadstick.
Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wedges, leaving some space between each of the breadsticks.
Topping the Breadsticks:
In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, dried parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Brush the mixture over each of the breadsticks.
Top the breadsticks with freshly grated parmesan.
Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
Transfer the breadsticks to a cooling rack.
What To Serve the Breadsticks
Just like regular breadsticks, these gluten-free breadsticks go great with a variety of different dishes like pasta, meats, soups, salads, stews, etc. Check out some of the possibilities with these recipes!
- Garlic Shrimp Spinach One-Pan Pasta
- One-Pan Saucy Beef Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
- One-Pan Roast Chicken and Kale
Commonly Asked Questions
Sour cream can be substituted 1:1 for the Greek yogurt.
Yes! Simply defrost the breadsticks and toast them in the oven to warm them up.
Unfortunately, I have never tried making these breadsticks without the yogurt and I am not sure if non-dairy yogurts would work.
For a more basic breadstick, you can omit all the garlic powder, dried parsley, and parmesan cheese from the recipe. Simple brush the breadsticks with plain melted butter and sprinkle some salt on top before baking.
They will taste best on the first day. However, if you have leftovers, store them in a resealable bag or container for a day at room temperature, or in the fridge for 2-3 days. They taste best when warmed up in a toaster oven.
Other Easy Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
One bite and you will be pleasantly amazed at how soft and delicious these gluten-free breadsticks are. And the quick and easy recipe will have you wondering why you hadn't discovered these sooner!
Watch How To Make It!
Gluten-Free Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven 375F/190C.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, sea salt, and dried parsley. Set aside.
- Combine the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, sorghum flour, baking powder, garlic powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add Greek yogurt to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well with a fork or spoon until you have a cohesive dough.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface lightly dusted with tapioca starch.
- Dust your hands with tapioca starch and gently shape the dough into a cohesive ball and gently press into a disc shape, continuing the dust the work surface as necessary so the dough does not stick.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Roll each portion into a log shape and transfer to a parchment lined baking pan. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Brush the breadsticks with the melted butter mixture. Top each breadstick with the freshly grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- This recipes makes 6-8 breadsticks.
- Volume Measurements:
- ½ cup + 3 tbs brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup + 3 tbs tapioca starch
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon sorghum flour
- This recipe works best with weight measurements because they are more precise than volume measurements.
- The volume measurements were made from spooning each of the flours into the measuring cups/spoons (so they are not packed) and leveling them off.
- The volume measurements are approximate. Make slight adjustments to the recipe as needed, adding a bit more Greek yogurt or a bit more tapioca starch or brown rice flour to achieve the correct dough consistency.
- For even cheesier breadsticks, mix grated Parmesan or small chunks directly to the dough!
- Reheat leftover breadsticks in a toaster oven or in the microwave.
**This recipe was originally published June 23rd, 2019 and republished September 19th, 2023 with an updated recipe, new writing and new photos.