We always need ideas for quick meals that are also tasty and satisfying. My Garlic Shrimp & Spinach One Pan Pasta meets all the criteria…quick (less than 30 minutes), tasty (garlic, wine, succulent shrimp), and satisfying (protein, pasta)…yum!
What also makes this dish so incredibly easy is that you don’t have to drain the pasta! No big pot of water, no waiting for it to boil before adding the pasta…that all adds time and fuss!
Nope…as the recipe says, everything is cooked in one pan. All the liquid you use gets cooked down reduces to a light flavorful sauce to coat all the pasta and shrimp! You know how they often say that the water you boil pasta in is really good? Well, you get to keep all that goodness in this dish!
And the flavor? You’re getting it from the pasta cooking in a combination of chicken broth, wine, and water…and don’t forget the garlic! Add some lemon juice to the mix for a bit of a citrus twist!
This dish also works well with chicken or other vegetables…you just need to adjust the cooking time a bit since they will take longer to cook.
What’s in your weekly round-up of meals? If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner with easy clean up, you’ll have to give this one pan pasta a try!
Garlic Shrimp & Spinach One Pot Pasta
A quick and easy meal that's healthy and flavorful and cooked up all in one pot! No need to drain the pasta!
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. (225g) raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used tails off)
- 250 g dry penne pasta (I used gluten-free; use whatever shape pasta you like)
- 1 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
Heat light olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring often.
Add shrimp and saute with the garlic until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove garlic and shrimp from pan with slotted spoon.
Add penne, chicken broth, white wine, water, lemon juice (if desired), salt and pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and cook the pasta, stirring occasionally.
When the liquid has reduced by about half, add the shrimp and garlic back to the pan and stir to combine with the pasta.
Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the liquid has thickened slightly.
Add the spinach leaves and stir into the pasta.
Remove from the heat and serve straight from the pan!
Garnish with grated Parmesan, fresh chopped parsley, and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Use whatever shaped pasta you prefer. I find this recipe works best with small pasta like penne or elbow macaroni, but it can definitely be done with spaghetti or linguine.
- Add other fresh ingredients to the pan such as tomatoes or basil leaves.
- You can also make this with chicken. Just make sure to saute the chicken a minute or two longer at the start to make sure it is completely cooked.
You might also like: