These flourless chocolate chip muffins are going to become a favorite in your house! They look amazing, taste delicious, and could actually be considered healthy! No flours, no gluten, no refined sugars, no dairy...just simple ingredients making up an amazing muffin!
These Flourless Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins are going to knock. Your. Socks. Off.
Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. But just LOOK at these muffins!!
I had just pulled a pan of these flourless chocolate muffins out of the oven and my husband want to devour one on the spot!
But he had to wait for them to cool...AND he had to wait until I took my photos, because in this house, the camera eats first! (...at least that's the case until the recipe is officially posted on the blog!)
They are moist, chocolatey, and dare I say...HEALTHY! They look and taste so rich and decadent that you'd think otherwise! But I promise...no flours, no grains, no dairy, no refined-sugar...just simple ingredients thrown together in an insanely good muffin.
And flourless obviously means gluten-free! After taking a bite from one of these beauties, you would never suspect! So many gluten-free baked goods still have such a bad rep for being dry, flavorless, and just plain bad. I'm here to prove that that doesn't have to be the case! Another case in point, my Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins recipe!
And let's not forget the chocolate. Why only have chocolate chip muffins when you can have CHOCOLATE chocolate chip muffins?? (Double chocolate is always better, isn't it?) And not only that, but FLOURLESS chocolate chocolate chip muffins...it sounds too good to be true.
But I'm here to tell you that it's not! Oh, and by the way, the husband and the kids LOVE them. I think you need to make a tray of these and see (and taste) them for yourself!
Flourless Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven 375 deg F (190 C).
- Prepare muffin tin with liners (I find foil ones work best).
- Peel and core the apples. Grate.
- Put the grated apples in a paper towel lined sieve or colander (I used 3 paper towels), or use a clean dish towel. Gently squeeze the liquid out of the grated apples (does not have to be squeezed super dry).
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, eggs, mashed bananas, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into lined muffin tin, filling each cup about full.
- Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
- I use Guittard Extra Dark chocolate chips, which happen to not contain any dairy solids. So if you are avoiding dairy, these are a good chocolate chips to use. Otherwise, feel free to use your favorite!
- Don't worry if the apple starts to brown. The muffins are dark chocolatey brown anyway, so it doesn't matter!
- You can omit the honey if you find that the muffins are sweet enough from the other ingredients.
- Top the muffins with pecans if you don't want to use as many chocolate chips...or leave the muffins plain on top!
You might also like: