Tender and tasty, this gluten-free cornbread is easy to make and the perfect side to a soup or salad! Spread on some honey butter for extra deliciousness!
Are you looking for a bread option to go with your next meal?
Something that is a bit more exciting than just regular rolls, but that’s also easy to make?
And it has to be gluten-free?
Then take a gander at this gluten-free cornbread recipe!
The first cornbread I remember ever eating (and actually enjoying) was made from a Trader Joe’s mix. It was easy to make and really good, and while I haven’t had it in several years, it’s what I kept thinking about when I was working on this recipe!
This cornbread literally comes together by first combining all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and all the wet in another. Beat all the wet ingredients together, then add all the dry. Give it a big of a mix and pour it into a pan to bake.
How much easier can it be?
All it takes is 25 minutes in the oven and it is ready to devour!
And while the cornbread is tasty as it is, you can add more of a WOW to every bite by spreading on some honey butter!
Sure, you could use plain butter, but with cornbread, it just seems like honey butter is just the way to go! It’s also a breeze to make, so there’s no excuse not to have it on hand.
This cornbread is the perfect companion to a soup like my Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup, or to a salad like my Spring Balsamic Avocado Feta Salad. It’s also a great side to an entree like my Dry Brined Roast Chicken!
This cornbread is soft and tender and has just the right amount of cornmeal flavor with a touch of sweetness. It is a great recipe to include in your holiday meal planning if you have guests who are on a gluten-free diet, but it will also be a hit with those who aren’t!
Easy Gluten-Free Cornbread With Honey Butter
- Preheat oven 350 deg F (180C).
- Mix butter, honey, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a whisk or spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment-lined 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with honey butter.
- Use a medium grind cornmeal like Bob's Red Mill (not sponsored). Masa flour or a finer cornmeal doesn't provide the right corn flavor or texture for the cornbread.
- Do not over-beat the cornbread batter after mixing the dry with the wet.
- Honey Butter adds on another 67 calories per serving.
You might also like: